|United Kingdom||Worldwide and USA||日本語|
Name: Tanya Phonanan
Level: Buzan Licensed Instructors
- Human Resources Management and Development Consultant
- Ministry of Finance Consultant Registration # 996
- Buzan Licensed Instructor (since 1997)
- Certified Mindjet MindManager Trainer (since 2002)
- Certified Who Moved My Cheese? Trainer (since 2004)
- Marquis Who's Who in the World (since 2000)
- Thailand Top 100 HR Award (2009)
- Outstanding Alumni Faculty of Economics & Business Administration, Kasetsart University (2009)
- Go Training Talk Speaker 2009, 2010
- Committee Member of National Creative Economy Policy (2010)
- Sub-committee Member of Creative Academy (2010)
- Buzan Centre (Thailand)
- 176/381 Ratanawalai Laksi, Pracha Utit Road Soi 17, Kwang & Khet Don Muang,
- Bangkok 10210, THAILAND
- Tel: 662-981-0247, 662-981-1242
- Fax: 662-981-0248
- Website: www.Tanyaph.in.th www.mindmap.in.th, www.jumkeng.in.th
- Email: email@example.com / twitter: tanyaph / facebook: Tanya Phonanan
Born in 1946 in Bangkok, Tanya Phonanan is a legendary person in his own right. He completed Bachelor of Science in Economics and Cooperative Science at Kasetsart University (Thailand) in 1966 and a Master of Business Administration in International Business at Sophia University (Japan) under sponsorship of Tokyu Foundation for Inbound Students in 1975. Before completing master degree, was granted another scholarship by the Japanese Government (1970-1973) to conduct research at Faculty of Commerce, Hitotsubashi University, Tachigawa, Japan.
Tanya became the one of the founders, the first Editor and later third President of Kasetsart University's Pen Club while completing bachelor degree. He actively participated and contributed to the formation of Crescent Moon Literacy Group, setting a landmark in the Thai contemporary literacy. He was an actor and manager of Crescent Moon Theater Group in the late 60s.
In 1976, he went to Sweden and spent 4 years as a self-exile political refugee due to unfavorable political situation then in Thailand. In 1980, he moved to UK and became researcher until 1983.
While studying in Japan, he wrote a book Road to the Cloud. This was published in 1972 and earned successful praise from the reading public. Then in 1980, he published the first bilingual Street Directory of Bangkok.
Tanya worked as a Financial Reporter at Bangkok Post for a year in 1970. Then while completing his master degree in Japan, he studied and worked part-time at the same time sometime between 1973-1975 at Radio Japan, monitoring Thai programs and then while in London, joined BBC World Services, as casual announcer at Thai Section in 1983. Coming to Bangkok during the same year, was employed as an Editor of Thai Development Newsletter for a non-governmental organization's English publication until 1985.
In human resources area, he became one of the founders of Bangplee Human Resources Club in 1985 and became its President three years later.
Tanya's human resources experience included the appointment to Personnel Manager at Muramoto Electron Thailand and as an Administration Manager at Yanmar S. P.
In 1992, moved to Triumph International Thailand, as Group Human Resource Manager and then Human Resources Director, where he successfully worked for four years with a team of 35 expatriates, from 10 different nationalities (American, Austrians, British, Chinese, Filipinos, German, Indian, Malaysian, Singaporean and Thai).
While at Triumph, he represented the Personnel Management Association of Thailandin Bali, Indonesia in 1994 and successfully convinced other participating representatives to vote for the 2nd Asean Human Resources Conference to be hosted by Thailand. The following year, in 1995, was the first Thai to be elected as President of the Asean Human Resources Management Federation.
From 1996-2000, he worked as Group Human Resources Manager for Thomson Television Thailand, working closely with British, French, German, Malaysian, Burmese, Singaporean, Taiwanese and Thai.
Tanya at present works as an Independent Consultant, Trainer (Mind Mapping, Who moved my Cheese, MindManager), Freelance Writer and Translator. He is also contributor to business newspaper and magazine such as Krungthep Thurakij (Bangkok Business) and Go Training Magazine.
He also lectures on Human Resource Management for MBA students at Thamasart University, Kasetsart University, Mahasarakham University, Naresuan University and NIDA (National Institute of Development Administeration).
Conducts workshops on following themes:
- Mind Mapping
- Assertively Management
- Broadbanding, An Innovative Compensation System
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ)
- Flexible Wages and Benefits
- Introduction to Brain Gym
- Learning Revolution
- Performance Management / Appraisal Management
- Who Moved My Cheese?
- Whole Brain Time Management
- Introduction to Habits of Mind
- Creative Thinking & Innovation
Human Resources Knowledge
Strong in training and compensation management. Has initiated several programmes such as orientation, in-house MBA, quality circle, up-grading unskilled workers, team building, including Mind Mapping and others.
Keen on flexible wage systems, broadbanding and other benefit packages. Successfully materialized localisation programme of some 40 expatriate-held positions in 1998-1999.
Has gone through managing human resource through extreme situations. Implemented broadbanding and successful share offering scheme to the Thai employees. Also well-versed in general affairs and services, including overseeing facilities, environment, health and safety of the factory.
Has been exposed in management functions since 1970. Skills and knowledge spread across leading, directing and managing different levels of people, from various organizations.
Other Career Highlights And Activities:
One of the very first Thai HR practitioners that implemented Broadbanding System in the organization in 1996, and who later introduced Mind Mapping to various trainings, workshops, and seminars in 1998, which has gained popularity up to present time.
Was involved in the production of educational video series on Science and Mathematics subjects for High School students from 1994-1999 and Dynamic English in recent years.
Was appointed Selection Committee Member for South East Asia Writers Awards (SEAWrite) in 1999.
Was appointed by the Prime Minister to sit on Committee Member of National Creative Economy Policy, 2010
Was appointed by the Deputy Minister of Commerce to sit on sub-committee Member of Creative Academy, 2010
Training and Conferences
- International Labor Organization, 2nd ASEAN Tripartite Course, Phuket 1989.
- 1st ASEAN Conference on Human Resource Management, Bali 1992.
- 2nd Asia Pacific Conference, Singapore 1993.
- Asia Pacific Human Resource Conference, Kuala Lumpur 1993.
- 2nd ASEAN Conference on Human Resource Management, Bangkok 1994
- Licensed Instructor for Education of Mind Mapping and Mental Literacy, Buzan Center, UK 1997.
- TRIZ, by Iouri Belski, Singapore, 2002.
- Creative Ideas for New Product Development by Shichiro Ikezawa, Bangkok, 2001, 2002, 2003.
- Creative Thinking by Nobuhiko Aikawa, Bangkok, 2003, 2004.
- Brain Gym 101 by Moira Dempsey, Singapore, 2003, 2004.
- Certified Mindjet Mind Manager Trainer, San Diego, USA, 2003.
- Certified Who Moved My Cheese? Trainer, Las Vegas, USA, 2004.
- MegaCreativity MegaInnovation by Dr..Andrei Aleinikov, Bangkok,2004.
- Brain Gym–Brain Organisation Profiles by Rita Edwards Singapore, 2005.
- Study Mission to Japan, the New Technology and Modern Publishing Business Management in the Future, February 2005.
- TRIZ by Shinsuke Kurosawa, 2006.
- Study Mission to Japan, Product and Process Innovation using TRIZ, October 2006.
- Global Mind Mapping Conference 2007 Mind Mapping Festival, Singapore November 2007
- 14th International Thinking Conference on Thinking, Kuala Lumper, June 2009
- Introduction to Habits of Mind, Singapore, March 2010
- Buzan Enhanced Transfer of Thinking & Attitudes (BETTA), Singapore, November 2010
Communications And Publications
- Road to the Cloud, 1973 (8th edition reprinted in 2007)
- Editor, "Chaturas" and "Prachachat", 1974, 1975
- Translator, 3 Human Resources Management books, two on Flexible Wage System, 1995, 1998 editions, and one on Human Resources Development, 1997
- Compiled Human Resources Glossary, 1995, 2002, 2007
- Translator, 2 books on Mind Mapping – Get Ahead, Use Your Head, 1998 and 1999
- Author, 3 Guide Books: Tokyo 1991, 1992, 1993 and 1997, and Singapore 1994 and 1997, and Singapore for Youth 1996 and 1998
- Co-Translator, I'm Gifted, So Are You! 2001 and
- Co-Translator, The Learning Revolution and TRIZ Keys to Technical Innovation, 2002
- Author, Human Resources Focus, 2003
- Editor, An Introduction to TRIZ: The Russian Theory of Inventive Problem Solving, 2004
- Author, Wayne Gould And Suduku, Kaji Miki And Sudoku, 2006
- Author, Thinking Words Series #1-5, 2006-2007
- Co-author, Mind Map for Educators and Knowledge Managers, 2007
- Editor, Play with Your Heads (Brain Games Series # 1-10) 2009-2010
- Editor, Young@Heart, magazine for senior citizens 2010
- 2000 Daisin Group of Companies
- 2001 Thomson Television Thailand
- 2002 Thailand Productivity Institute
- 2003 Petch Pack
- 2005 Kasetsart University
- 2006 Access IT, Nam Mee Books
- Personnel Management Association of Thailand (PMAT)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Writers' Association of Thailand (WAT)
- Technology Promotion Association (Thailand-Japan)
- Electronic & Computer Employers' Association (ECEA)
- Youth Hostel Association of Thailand (YHAT)
Memberships & Affiliations
- President, ASEAN Human Resource Management Federation, 1995
- Vice President, Personnel Management Association of Thailand, 1994-1996
- Committee Member, Technology Promotion Association (Thailand-Japan), 1997-1999, 2001-2005.
- Committee Member, Writers' Association of Thailand, 1999-2001