|United Kingdom||Worldwide and USA||日本語|
Name: Daniel Lança Perdigão
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Level: ThinkBuzan Licensed Instructor
I have worked for about 33 years on the IT field, with jobs as programmer, analyst, consultant, account manager, sales manager, etc. and for about 12 years I have discovered mind maps and started using them for personal and professional organization in diverse aspects.
Back in 2007 I decided that I will change my life and I found out that I only knew about IT and Sales, so I went back to school and studied coaching (Business and Executive Coach with International Certifications). When I contacted coaching I found NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) so I decided to also study NLP, and up till now I had three courses (Practitioner, Master and NLP Trainer, all with several international certifications).
On top of that I decided to become a Professional Trainer, certified by the Portuguese Government as Trainer.
Finally I decided to have trainings with ThinkBuzan. I have a lot of experience with Mind Maps and iMindMap, however I thought to my self: who are the best in the world to help me improving on this area? So there was only one possible answer! So I did the TLI – ThinkBuzan Licensed Instructor and… probably in the near future I will went back to Cardiff for Memory and Speed Reading trainings.
Based on the decision I took four years in advance, in 2011 I decided to move away from my IT Sales job and found my own company. It’s up and running since the 2nd of January 2012.
Mind Maps are inspiring me since 1999, as they gather together several things I always loved: being synthetic, drawing, structure and organization and colour (colour is like music for my eyes).
And then, in the middle of the process, there was iMindMap! That is a fantastic and a funtastic tool. There is no other like this one. I love it! So now I can use mind maps hand drawn and on my Mac (or PC)!
The TLI accreditation is very important for me in several aspects:
1. I am the first one certified in Portugal;
2. I was already recognized as a “specialist” in mind mapping and the certification helps me confirming that;
3. The feeling of belonging! Now I am officially part of the family, so I have peers with whom exchange successes and doubts. I have the concept of NetWorkForce® and this is perfect for me;
4. And I have learned some new ideas that I will definitely use!
My new company is named UpSideUp® and we also have SmileMind® Academy (a brand I have registered about 4 years ago) as this name reflects the whole spirit of it. I have three main targets:
1. Students, by giving my contribution for their success at school;
2. People working for companies, so they can them improve their skills and competencies;
3. Companies, small, medium and large, helping them with their main asset: people.
My activity is focused on Creativity and Innovation and based on Training, Consulting and Coaching, and I use mind maps for them all!
I am now working anywhere around the world.